What is our model
for bringing diversity home?
For Home Group and Tpas, it’s about bringing a diverse group of residents and housing staff together to share their personal stories and experiences through meetings, workshops, training and events.
Our aim is simple; to learn, understand, break down stigma and challenge stereotypes.
Some of the experiences discussed in the past include:
- Being transgender
- Living with a child with autism
- Being a visible Muslim woman
- Coping with mental health in the workplace
- Being a gay parent
- Being an orthodox Jewish woman
- Mental health and drug and alcohol recovery
- Surviving domestic abuse.
"Working at Head Office you can feel removed from day to day delivery and this session helped us to feel part of that."